WeAreAlphaOmega
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Parthenon

+6
cyanide
Flakker
gshawen
Lady Gabi
Archon476
Joe Mama
10 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

The Parthenon Empty The Parthenon

Post  Joe Mama Fri Mar 27 2009, 20:54

I need your input on this. We just finished a major war where we helped our ally and got some help from other allies. As an alliance we fought well and brought respect from the other alliances on Beta. What I am concerned about is our membership in the Parthenon.

The Parthenon was formed as a mutual defense organization, or at least that is how it was presented to us when they asked us to join. At the beginning of the war we were pulled in because of our membership and then asked if we would be interested in a truce. I accepted the truce on our behalf and said the other members of the Parthenon would have to make that choice for themselves. Only NOT was left out of the truce. NOT has been a close ally since SIN merged into them. It was my hope that we would not get pulled back in but if you remember I did state that to be ready incase it would happen. Well it did happen when we were asked for help by NOT.

As you know we started to get hammered by 3-4 differents alliances at one time. I asked the Parthenon for help with resources and/or military. They stalled for over a week and none ever came. Now some of them were in their own battles but no where near what we were facing. My concern is this. As a group are they someone that we can rely on? Right now the feeling/feedback I am getting from NOT is that with the current leadership we probably don't need to be part of it. The current leader found every excuse on why they should not get involved and tried to mediate with FAST the entire time. Not that it helped us or NOT.

So my question is this. Under the Parthenon's current leadership should we continue to be members?

Leave your answer in this thread. Thanks
Joe Mama
Joe Mama
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

The Parthenon Empty Re: The Parthenon

Post  Archon476 Fri Mar 27 2009, 21:29

Is there another alliance we could join? I ask because, while it may not have proved to have material usefulness, it may have deterred attacks that may have otherwise have occurred just by virtue of us being in a professed MDP alliance.

Archon476

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Fri Mar 27 2009, 21:38

I believe that we should not stay in the Parthenon. We are just as strong with NOT as we are with the whole Parthenon.

Back to top Go down

Post  Joe Mama Fri Mar 27 2009, 22:09

Archon, good questions. We may have been drawn into the war becuase of us being part of the Parthenon, not sure. We are thinking of starting our own group along with NOT. I think WiFi would be interested and they did help me in some of the battles this last week plus BLUE helped with resources. Every option is open right now, just looking for input. Keep it coming.
Joe Mama
Joe Mama
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Lady Gabi Fri Mar 27 2009, 22:23

I definitely think that we should get out of the Parthenon. I also believe we should try to start a coalition with NOT. They were there in our time of need. That is when you find out who you can be friends with and who you cannot be friends with.
Lady Gabi
Lady Gabi

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sat Mar 28 2009, 00:02

We don't need to be a big coalition but we need to be VERY VERY VERY close and sure that the allies we pick will have our back. NOT has proved it to us before and we need more allies like NOT.

Back to top Go down

Post  gshawen Sat Mar 28 2009, 01:08

Get out of the Parthenon and as far as the others go, we need to set up some guidelines as to what we will do for them.

As far as NOT, I was not happy about the lies and drawing us back into a fight they could have stayed out of. The only thing I would have allowed us to do for them would be donate resources to them, no help fighting or no defending them.

And in the future I think we should only help defend other alliances colonies while they go and fight whomever they are fighting, this helps us stay out of being drawn into a full scale fight. Let their alliance prove they are aggressively fighting and not just sitting back waiting for the fights to come to them. I dont think we need to defend people who wont do much for themselves, and this also applies to some people in our own alliance.

Too many people are setting themselves up to be pillaged, and than want help when they get it. Learn to defend yourself, quit asking for help when a player with a lower total score than you attacks you.

gshawen

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sat Mar 28 2009, 01:42

An alliance is supposed to be beneficial to all parties.

Are we limited to the number of alliances that we are in?

Heck, if I read the messages correctly, there were members of
our group that thought our leadership was wrong, and some
decided to leave.

Are we doing the same thing?

When I am so big and so powerful that I don't need anyone else
that is when i hope to be the most help to others until then I struggle
to build and share and support those that I have selected to be
allied with.

Let us strengthen our friendships by our association with them.

Or not... your call ...

Back to top Go down

Post  Flakker Sat Mar 28 2009, 04:00

I certainly think staying in an alliance with NOT would be beneficial to us in the long term. There may have been some deception on their part, perhaps come miscomunication even, but they did prove to be capable allies and performed well militarily. If we need help in the future, I have a feeling they will offer it to us. I am not so sure if the Parthenon would come to our aid...

Archon asked a good question about the possibility of joining an alternate coalition. We can look into possible candidates, no?

I also like the idea of forming one with NOT, and perhaps growing that into a more powerful network of alliances. That option has a lot of potential.
Flakker
Flakker

Back to top Go down

Post  cyanide Sat Mar 28 2009, 19:09

ddlee, you did read the messages correctly but I think you've interpreted it differently. That was because the people who left didn't like being in the war for an ally. We were pulled into the war. We didn't want to participate. If we were in NOT's position we would expect the same from them. Like gshawen said, they could have stayed out of it, but for some reason they didn't. There are a lot of lies, but the reason could also be a genuine mis-communication.

The current leader of Parthenon tried to do a good thing by trying to stop the war but he didn't do a good job. Moreover, he didn't arrange help for us when we really needed it. What is the point of being part of a coalition when there is no mutual benefit. Since most of them were not involved in the war they could have at least supplied resources.

I think we should create out own Coalition with NOT. We also need to set Strict Guidelines which everyone has to adhere to during war.

cyanide

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sun Mar 29 2009, 18:37

Have we made a final decision?

Back to top Go down

Post  Joe Mama Sun Mar 29 2009, 21:25

No, not yet but it is leaning for us to leave
Joe Mama
Joe Mama
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  cyanide Mon Mar 30 2009, 12:27

What do the other Alliances think about this? (i.e. WIFI, BLUE)

cyanide

Back to top Go down

Post  Joe Mama Mon Mar 30 2009, 12:34

Neither BLUE or WiFi have been involved with the Parthenon. Only NOT has and last I heard they are also leaning on leaving the Parthenon. They are still discussing it.
Joe Mama
Joe Mama
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  cyanide Mon Mar 30 2009, 14:14

But if we create our own coalition would they join?

cyanide

Back to top Go down

Post  sanchez Mon Mar 30 2009, 23:27

Alright i am running for leadership of the parthenon. If i am elected things are going to change. When help is asked for we will give it and we will not have mercy to our enemies.

sanchez

Back to top Go down

Post  cyanide Tue Mar 31 2009, 01:03

Does the Parthenon have a website?

cyanide

Back to top Go down

Post  Joe Mama Tue Mar 31 2009, 15:14

Yes, the Parthenon does have a website but access is limited to only the officers of each alliance. This is so it can be kept secured from outsiders.

We are holding elections there this week for Leader, General and Home Secretary. I will let everyone know how it turns out. If the elections go as we hope we will stay for now, if not we will leave.
Joe Mama
Joe Mama
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  saputra Wed Apr 01 2009, 00:49

any updates on the current progress?

who are the candidates?

oh by the way, did somebody say that merging with NOT would be an option?
saputra
saputra

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Wed Apr 01 2009, 08:18

From what I know, it isn't really an option. We are going to continue being close allies.

Also, FAST has split up and NWO declared war on all of FAST. Evil or Very Mad

Back to top Go down

Post  saputra Wed Apr 01 2009, 12:21

LOL sorry for being a noob, but what's FAST? is it the same as the parthenon?
saputra
saputra

Back to top Go down

Post  cyanide Thu Apr 02 2009, 06:52

Yea, they are like the Parthenon except the fact that they are much stronger.

BTW PeteY, that was an April Fools joke.

cyanide

Back to top Go down

Post  Joe Mama Mon Apr 06 2009, 22:04

Ok, the elections are over at the Parthenon and Sanchez of NOT has been voted in as leader. We will stick it out with the Parthenon for now to see how it developes. I have voiced my disappointment with the lack of help in the last WW and have been assured that this will not happen again. We are getting ready to start the testing of the other alliances and I would like to know who would like to help with it. It means battlling others to see how they respond to an attack. Like what we went thru when we were tested by CREW for the Darwinism and NOT to be their ally. Send me a message if you are interested or would like to know more.
Joe Mama
Joe Mama
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  sanchez Mon Apr 06 2009, 23:13

I would like to help. Razz

sanchez

Back to top Go down

Post  Joe Mama Tue Apr 07 2009, 10:31